Friday 7 September 2012

Video from the regatta

I still mean to sum up the race in some way, but these last days have been very busy: bringing the boat back to Versoix, getting all the water out, cleaning up, fixing the (minor) damage... And spending time with the family at last!

Meanwhile, I have looked through the footage that I managed to record during the race and here are some bits and pieces put together. Can you recognize the music?


Sorry I don't have the best pieces on video - my cameraman was quite busy when the best action was happening :)




6 comments:

  1. Great job Michal, really impressive.
    Looks like you had a reef in for a while at about 4 min?
    I really appreciate you letting us follow your preparation and participation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I had a chance to test all configurations of sails - not all of them are on this video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravissimo!!! I ll show this to my kids, we're just back from a wavy windy experience sailing around Ireland! Leman can be not too different than the Atlantic ocean!!

    Thanks for sharing

    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to watch. Congratulations on finishing the race in tough conditions.

    What happens if single handers fall in on a clost haul and the rudder locked in ? Looks like the boat will sail itself until it hits the shore or the wind shifts to head on...

    Alex K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alex - indeed, there is some risk involved. When you are in the cockpit, you are rather safe and when you have to do work on the foredeck, I recommend attaching yourself to the boat. I used a yellow safety rope, which you can see dangling from my life vest in some shots. Another point is good preparation - the better you know the boat, the smaller the risks. If you spend a lot of time on this particular boat, you unconsciously avoid false moves - this makes it much safer.

    ReplyDelete